Every property in Vaughan has a curb box (commonly referred to as a water service valve) at the property line that controls the water running to a home or building from the City's watermain. This outdoor shut off is in addition to the one you have in your home. 


The curb box is a round metal plate approximately 10 centimeters in diameter located on the front lawn, driveway or sidewalk of a property and is owned and operated by the City. It is the property owner's responsibility to maintain access to the curb box.  

The City of Vaughan does not re-locate curb boxes. If a curb box must be moved due to a renovation or rebuild, a new water service connection is needed. An application can be made for a residential service connection request.